Evolve Insurance Agency has learned that a temporary "Insurance Village" has been set-up in coordination with the Florida Department of Financial Services, Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis, and 29 insurance carriers in Port Charlotte, Florida. An insurance village is an area established near the landfall of a catastrophic hurricane that puts insurance representative "boots on the ground" in an effort to assist insurance policyholders with filing an insurance claim, and providing immediate access to funds for "Additional Living Expenses" for those who are displaced as a result of covered hurricane damage. Since areas that are hard hit by a hurricane can cut off normal means of communication, this is a way to get insurance representatives in the area for face-to-face assistance and allows for a way to get policy proceeds to the hardest hit customers as fast as possible.
Insurance Village Location: Port Charlotte Town Center Mall Parking Lot
Address: 1441 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte, 33948
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 10/07/2022 from 8 am - 6 pm
Insurance Carriers in attendance:
- Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
- State Farm Insurance Group
- All State Insurance Group
- Progressive Insurance
- Kin Insurance
- We Insure
- Heritage Insurance
- Monarch National / FedNat Insurance Company
- Frontline Insurance Company
- Security First Insurance Company
- Olympus Insurance Company
- Southern Oak Insurance Company
- UPC Insurance Company (aka Family Security Insurance Company and/or United Property and Casualty)
- American Integrity Insurance Company
- American Traditions / AMIE (American Mobile Insurance Exchange) / Sutton Insurance Companies
- Tower Hill Insurance Group
- Liberty Mutual
- TypTap Insurance Company
- Homeowner’s Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company
- Auto Owners / Southern Owners Insurance Company
- Farm Bureau
- Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company
- Safe Point Insurance Company
If you are insured with one of these companies, and would like face-to-face asssistance with filing your claim or you need immediate funds to get into temporary housing, then you should visit this location for immediate help.
Hurricane Ian made landfall in Cayo Costa, FL on Wednesday, September 28, 2022 and continued on a path through Lee, Charlotte, Sarasota, and Hardee counties and then continued further northeast. With Ian's massive size and slow speed, it resulted in catastrophic wind and storm surge damage to thousands of homes in and around it's path. Hurricane Ian has been linked to over 100 deaths.
Evolve Insurance Agency is here and ready to assist our clients who suffered damage as a result of Hurricane Ian. To file a claim, please contact our claim department at 941-244-2760, option 2.
Evolve Insurance Agency
Photo Credit: Universal Property and Casualty Insurance Company